Heh, the response makes it sounds like there just so MUCH documentation, but the user experience of this is completely *fractured*.
It means you want me to search in at least 6 places (well, 5 since one of them you can't search?)
1. Help section which is essentially one page with modal windows, so unsearchable
2. Youtube channel. Where most of the videos have no description! So you're searching the titles only.
3. The support portal which is lacking basics such as "how to promote a user to a certain role within a course" for example. Just basics are not there.
4. The blog? Why is important documentation in the blog?? That is a location for periodical information which should "expire" I don't think people expect a blog is kept up to date and useful for documentation.
5. directly going to social channels for support? This seems like a drain on staff...
6. Oh and a "course"... can you search within a course? I don't think so! That's *another* frustrating thing!
I can't accept that 5 places to search for answers to problems is better than an organized, structured documentation resource.
With much respect to your great response and client support, that can't scale.
There's some serious UX issues within the system. Mystery meat navigation, modal windows, unclear where I am, unclear user lists in courses, poor WYSIWYG. The idea that "the best manual is the system itself" is noble. But you need more user testing.
I don't even have enough votes to add the issues as I find them since we use Uservoice here. Nice for deflection/limiting responses, but really....
I don't know what to say. I find TalentLMS one of the most frustrating UIs of any tool I use. I just sense it's lacking user testing?
So that's why, some nice, structured documentation would be a true life line!
This functionality is now planned for next release
Did you hear any response to this?
Is this going to allow a group admin to see the gradebook for participants in their group? Activity across all assigned courses? What about only within their specific course?
This idea can be closed! There was another idea about Course ID which has been implemented. Woot!
I don't know how to close ideas however. Can someone close this so votes get redistributed?
That would be awesome! I often have this issue. There are appendices and useful information which i would like them to get out of sequence.
There are also cases where I want the first few units to be optional (as in they may have done the other steps before they took the course). Then I would like the rest of them to be sequential.
I'd like to turn off "sequential" for specific units so they would be available to browse or skip as needed.