This post is a step-by-step instructions guide on how to integrate your GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar/GoToTraining account with TalentLMS. It is assumed that you already have a GoToMeeting or GoToWebinar or GoToTraining account; if not visit http://gotomeeting.com or http://gotowebinar.com or http://gototraining.com to create one.
To use GoToMeeting or GoToWebinar or GoToTraining as your preferred conference mode, as an administrator go to Account&settings-> Conferences section and from the Type drop down list (1) select the tool you want to use (2):
Once GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar/GoToTraining is selected as the preferred conference mode, instructors must have a GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar/GoToTraining account to be able to create conferences. Each instructor should connect his account with TalentLMS before starting creating conferences.
The process to connect your GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar/GoToTraining account with your TalentLMS account is the following:
- Go to https://goto-developer.logmeininc.com and sign in using your GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar/GoToTraining credentials. If this is your first time here, you will be prompted to give access to the Developer Center App – click allow.
- Select “My Apps” from the top menu, and then click the “Add a new app” button
- Fill in your app name, a description, select Product API (choose GoToMeeting or GoToWebinar or GoToTraining), and fill in the field "Application URL" with http://talentlms.com (note the missing "www" part, this is important). In case you use a mapped name to access your domain (e.g. mydomain.com instead of mydomain.talentlms.com), fill in the field “Application URL” with your own url (http://mydomain.com).
Last, click the "Create App" button.
After creating the app, you will be redirected to your Apps page. Click on the newly created app to acquire the Consumer Key needed to complete the connection with TalentLMS.
- Enter your TalentLMS domain, and access the conferences index page. Click the “Connect with GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar/GoToTraining” button.
-In the modal shown, fill in the Consumer Key acquired by the previous
process. Click “Ok”, and a window will pop starting the
- If asked, log in to GoToMeeting or GoToWebinar or GoToTraining.
- After logging in, the pop up window will close, and you should be able to create your first GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar/GoToTraining conference!