TalentLMS lets you build a well-designed, mobile-friendly homepage for your learning portal without any additional coding, third-party integration or cost. With our easy-to-use homepage editor you can:
- Brand your homepage
- Feature specific courses on the landing page
- Add as many pages as you need
- Control what your visitors see before and after signing in
To learn how to make the most of your homepage, just follow these steps:
- Step 1: Add a custom homepage to your portal
- Step 2: Edit the default landing page
- Step 3: Create a new page
- Step 4: Create a menu entry for an external URL
Step 1: Add a custom homepage to your portal
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Administrator and go to Home > Account & Settings.
2. In the Identity section, from the Homepage drop-down list, choose Custom homepage (1).
3. Click the edit symbol (2) to launch the custom homepage editor.
Listed on the Custom homepage dialog box that pops up, are the menu entries of your homepage. The three default entries (and separate pages) are Home, Course catalog, and About us (3). When you point to a page, you see the options to Edit, Activate or Delete it.
Note: The Home and Course catalog pages cannot be deleted, only deactivated.
Before proceeding, let's take a look at what else you can do from here:
- Click Add (4), to create a new page or point a menu entry to an external URL.
- Click Reorder (5), to change the order of the menu entries on the navigation bar.
- Click Preview (6), to view your how visitors see your pages, external or internal.
Note: Pages labeled as "External" are displayed to guest users while pages labeled as "Internal" are displayed to logged-in users. Pages can be set to be displayed to everybody (Internal/External). The Home page is labeled "External" by default.
Step 2: Edit the "external" landing page
1. On the Custom homepage dialog box, point to Home and click edit.
2. In the respective fields (7), type a new Name, Headline, and Subheadline for your landing page.
3. Then, click Select image to upload your own cover artwork.
Note: You can upload an image in jpg, jpeg, gif, and png format. The image must be at least 1170px wide and 450px tall. The maximum file size is 10MB.
4. In the Featured courses section (8), type a Headline, and a Subheadline.
5. From the Featured courses drop-down list, choose up to 12 courses to be featured on your external landing page. To delete a course from your selection, point to it and click the delete symbol.
Note: If you don't want to show any featured courses on your landing page, simply uncheck the Active checkbox.
6. Click Update homepage to save your changes and return to the custom homepage editor.
Step 3: Create a new page
1. Click Add (9) and, from the drop-down list, choose Page.
2. In the Page title (10) field, type the title of your new page (e.g., FAQ).
3. Type a Headline and, optionally, a Subheadline (10).
4. Type a URL (10) path to be added to your current domain (e.g., faq).
5. Use the Content (11) text editor to add some content to your page.
6. Click Select image (12) to upload your preferred artwork.
Note: You can upload an image in jpg, jpeg, gif, and png format. By default, the image is placed at the right-hand side of the page, and it must be at least 500px wide and 300px tall. The maximum file size is 10MB.
7. On the Display on (13) checklist:
- Check External for your page to be displayed to guests.
- Check Internal for your page to be displayed to registered users after signing in.
- Check both for your page to be displayed to all visitors.
8. Click Add page to save your changes.
Here's how your new FAQ page shows on the page list (1):
And here's the FAQ menu entry on the homepage top bar (2):
Step 4: Create a menu entry for an external URL
Alternatively, you can add a menu entry that points to an external website:
1. On the Custom homepage dialog box, click Add and, from the drop-down list, choose URL.
2. In the respective fields (1), type a Page title (e.g., TalentLMS Blog) and an external URL (e.g., http://www.talentlms.com/blog).
3. From the Display on checklist, choose whether your menu entry is External, Internal, or both.
4. Click Add url to save your changes.
Here's your TalentLMS Blog menu entry on the homepage top bar (2):
And here's a TalentLMS explainer video that walks you through the whole process.
You did it!
Now you can built the ideal homepage for your TalentLMS portal.