In order to create a Branch do the following:
- Login as an Administrator.
- Select the "Add branch" (1) option.
- Enter the branch name and a
description of the branch (2). While you entering a branch
name, a Branch URL will be auto-generated. Users can access the branch directly through that URL. Note that there are some URL naming restrictions as you can read in this article.
- If you want a different theme than the main site, you can choose a visual theme for the branch (3).
- You can create a custom homepage for the branch (4). The procedure for creating a custom homepage is described in this article.
Note that this option will be visible only while updating the branch and not during the creation process.
- If the branch has a different logo from the main company, you can upload the branch logo (5).
- Select the language and time zone if different from the main site (6).
- Enter any internal or external announcements for this branch (7).
- Select the signup method for that branch. If you want to restrict access for users of this branch to only that specific branch then tick the Disallow... option (8). Whenever a user of that Branch tries to login to the portal through another Branch (or the main portal URL) an error message will appear.
- Select a branch-specific payment processor if needed (9). You can also enable the Monthly Subscription feature for a specific branch (10).
Once the branch is added, your screen will display:
- the Users tab where you select the users who are to do training through this branch (11).
- the Courses tab where you select the courses that the users of this branch will see in their course catalog (12).
- the Files tab where you select files that the users of the branch will have access to (13).