To share specific courses with registered or non-registered users, TalentLMS provides you with the following options:
- A. Invite users to a course with a public URL
- B. Invite users to the external course catalog
- C. Enroll users in courses directly
Let's have a closer look.
A. Invite users to a course through a public URL
To allow non-registered users to access a specific course, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Instructor and go to a Course page.
2. Click the more symbol (1). From the drop-down list, choose Share to generate the Share URL (2).
3. Copy the Share URL and share it with anyone you want to access the course. Alternatively, click Invite (3) to send the URL by email.
Users provided with the Share URL are allowed to complete the course anonymously. When the course ends, users are prompted to sign up (if the system allows new registrations) so that the system records their course progress.
B. Invite users to the external course catalog
To prompt users to register and access your courses, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Administrator and go to Home > Account & Settings.
2. On the Basic settings tab, under Security, check External course catalog (1).
3. Point to the info symbol. On the pop-over box, you can see the external course catalog URL (e.g., https://mycompany.talentlms.com/catalog) (2).
4. Copy the catalog URL and share it with your users to invite them to register and access the listed courses.
Note: For users to be able to self-register, a direct sign-up method must be enabled. To do that, go to the Users tab on the Home > Account & Settings page, and, from the Signup drop-down list, choose Direct.
C. Enroll users in courses directly
To enroll registered users in courses, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Administrator, and go to the page of the user you want to enroll.
2. Go to the Courses tab, locate the course you want to assign to them and click the add symbol in the Operations column.
Each time you assign a course to a user manually, an automated notification email is sent to them (1).
Now you can start sharing your courses with more users and visitors.