Zoom.us is a web conferencing service, providing cloud-based audio, video and screen-sharing solutions for Windows, iOS & Android systems. TalentLMS lets you integrate your portal with Zoom to make the most of its advanced video conferencing capabilities.
To do it, follow these steps:
Step 1: Select a default video conferencing platform (as Administrator)
First, set Zoom.us as your preferred conference medium.
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Administrator and go to Home > Account & Settings.
2. In the Conferences section, use the Type (1) drop-down list to choose Zoom.us (2).
Step 2: Connect your Zoom account to TalentLMS (as Instructor)
Instructors responsible for creating live training events must connect their Zoom account to TalentLMS.
1. Go to developer.zoom.us/me/#api and sign in with your Zoom credentials.
The first time you sign in, you have to submit the required information:
2. In the respective fields, type a Company Name, a Developer Contact email, an App Name, and an App Description.
3. On the App Platforms checklist, check Web/API and click Save.
4. Go to the API tab. Note down your API Key and API Secret.
5. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Instructor, and click Conferences on the right-hand panel.
6. Click Connect with Zoom.us (1).
7. On the dialog box that pops up, type the API Key and API Secret (1) in the respective fields, and click Submit (2).
8. From the User drop-down list, choose a TalentLMS user to associate with your Zoom account, and click Ok.
Note: To manage your Zoom users, go to the User Management section on your Zoom dashboard.
You did it!
You're now ready to create your first Zoom-enabled video conference.