I suggest you ...

Multiple Categories per Course

It would be great if a course coukd be tagged under multiple categories to make it easier to find the right course.
E.g. a course on Leadership could be under a Business & Management category and also under a Soft Skills or Personal Development category.

53 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Reuben Rail shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ivan Butorin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very useful feature, especially if we can mark certain categories as "private", i.e. hidden from catalog (even if courses included in this category are shown in catalog).

• Doreen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use the LMS for software and machine training. Some machines have multiple models and unique features. Currently I have to create multiple courses for different categories even though they contain the same SCORM content. Is there an estimated release date for feature?

• mleahy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just a reminder to everyone...this feature really doesn't mean much if the learner doesn't see the categories in the sidebar the way we do as instructors and admins. So I'd strongly encourage our friends at Talent to simultaneously release a product feature where the learner can view and sort courses by category with either a dropdown or a sidebar listing of all categories.

• mleahy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be most helpful if it was done Udemy-like in that, similar to this page in the suggestions area, the categories or tags appeared in the sidebar so users could easily click on it and come up with a list of courses (look at the sidebar to the right).

• jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is necessary as some courses such as Accounting can be seen in Business Management as well as Accounting.

• Katie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely something we are interested in. It would also help our bundle costs for categories.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto. I know that it would be difficult because of the bundling option, but it sure would be useful too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base