I suggest you ...

More e-commerce options

Set one price for a group of courses. For instance, if you buy 4 courses, you pay X price. This will encourage clients/users to buy a number of courses at the same time.

Also, create package pricing deals if you sign up as a group of users. For instance, 5 courses for X price if you sign up as a group (e.g. 5 users).

See payment options for www.lumosity.com

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LZ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Admintalentlms (Admin, TalentLMS) responded  · 

You can already give prices for course “categories”. In essence a type of course bundling.

We also introduce bulk pricing for the marketplace (that is to be released next week). In essence you will be able to sell courses to anyone through the marketplace with an integrated license scheme.

Other than that we will investigate further “bundling” of courses that seems to be valuable.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Admintalentlms (Admin, TalentLMS) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Arthur,

The manager will be able to get bulk licenses for courses and then distribute those licenses to end-users whenever he wants (we handle all the licencing complexity internally). That said, a license is locked to a specific course and cannot be re-used on different courses.

• Arthur Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank for the reply. I looked at the link and am intrigued by the marketplace. I am not quite sure I follow, though, how a "manager" can use it to buy bulk courses and assigned them as needed. As far as I can see, it looks like Talent is entering the "marketplace" by providing a venue through which talent lms customers can post classes into a giant pool of sorts for end users or managers to access. Am I reading that correctly?

More specifically for our company, we offer several operator safety training classes. It is typical for a manager to want to buy "20" virtual seats, after which they will then assign them out to their employees. Maybe 5 employees will take a forklift course, 3 will take an aerial lift course, 10 will take a crane course, and the other two they will hold on to until new hires need training.

If this type of model fits within the marketplace, can you perhaps explain in a little more detail how we might accomplish that?

Thanks,
        Arthur

• Admintalentlms (Admin, TalentLMS) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Arthur,

From your description, the Marketplace may be a good way to offer your courses to "Managers", as they can bulk buy courses and assign them to end users through an internal licensing scheme.

Here is some initial info on Marketplace but expect an official release next week
        http://support.talentlms.com/knowledgebase/articles/360455-how-does-marketplace-works

• Arthur Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is valuable to us as well. If it is of any help, here is how we have been handling it for the last ten years on our own customized lms.

We have found there are three types of customers for us:
        1. The individual user who wants to buy one course, take it, and print off their cert.
        2. The manager who wants to by a small handful of the same course (this is when it would be valuable to offer bundling/tiered pricing options).
        3. Managers who wants to buy multiple courses that are different.

MOST of our customers fall into category number 3. Currently, on our system, managers can create an account, create trainees under them, and then assign as many courses and types of courses to those trainees as needed. Once done assigning them, they then pay for everything.

As far as i understand it now, if we go with Talent, our customer either has to buy one course at a time or we create an account for them at which point they can assign as many courses as possible, but without paying for it (which means, as far as this latter option is concerned), we would need to handle payment outside of Talent.

• Dave Nielsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great for us. We currently have buttons on our site (link: http://hardhattraining.com/online-training/all-terrain-crane/) for buying the course as an individual, in a 10-pack, or a 25-pack. The individual course we link to the TalentLMS course page for signup and payment, but it appears theres no way to do that with the multi-packs. We have to instead make them fill out a form, then manually set them up ourselves in Talent. This would significantly streamline the signup and payment process and help keep us from losing sales due to a poor user experience. We'd absolutely love to see this feature!

Feedback and Knowledge Base