I suggest you ...

Change the video timer behavior so that it doesn't continue counting down when the video is paused.

Right now, the timer on video pages continues counting down, even when the video has been paused. It would be much better if the timer paused whenever the video paused, so that users would have to watch the entire video before moving on to the next module.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Micheal Hickerson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kenneth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I strongly urge you to implement this; at the very least as another option to complete a section. It is important to make sure that some videos or sections are viewed by the learner, and something like this is the only way to verify that.

• jesse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also have to remove the students ability to skip ahead in a video

• jesse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Please do this. If we invest in video content, we have to have the ability to make sure they have watched it.

• Steve Lee-Burman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would add that currently the timer starts even before starting the video. An option to start the timer only on video start as well as stopping during pauses would be great.

Feedback and Knowledge Base