I suggest you ...

Make question Unique Identifier visible

As it stands, users are expected to include their own Unique ID to questions, however, it is very difficult to enforce any kind of standard method of creating the UIDs. One person will use one method, someone else will use another and there is often no logic.
When there is already a backend UID on the system it seems odd that we don't have access to it. There would be no need to edit it, as it would only be required for reference/support purposes. This would remove poor UID discipline form the equation, ensuring a sequential logical naming convention is used throughout.
It would also look a bit more professional than having a random string at the beginning that had no relevance to the question being asked.
Presumable it would only require a read only lookup value placed before the question which would be visible to everyone.

With this in place, anyone with an issue with a question, would just need to UID rather than having the following scenario:
User - 'It's The question about derivatives',
Support - 'There's 66 of those'
User - 'The one about Derivatives in France'
Support - 'Ummmm' I'm searching for that but not seeing anything'
User - 'It's got something about boats?'

With the backend UIDs, this conversation would look more like:
User - 'I have a problem with the wording of question AD00475'
Support - 'Yes, i can see that question, how can i help?'

Please consider this request as it will very much help the management of our questions.

Many thanks

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)