I suggest you ...

Add course completion date tag to certificate

We are required to download all certificates issued for recordkeeping purposes, and we have numerous courses that must be retaken periodically by students. Currently the only date tags available to you when designing a certificate are "Issued Date" and "Expiration Date". "Issued Date" is the date the certificate is first awarded, so when the student completes the course again after the certificate expires the "Issued Date" remains the same and only the "Expiration Date" changes. We would like our certificates to also have the latest Course Completion Date on the certificate so it's easy to see when they did the course.

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tegan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What about re-naming the courses adding a time related tag in the title eg *name-of-the-course*Q3`17, or *name of the course 07/17*.

At least this way, there is a recognisable date.

I`m new to this, so apologies if it doesn`t make sense.

PS: it is a bit silly that the date remains. So many aspects of TLMS require adaptability.

• Amber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tegan, we are currently running into the same issue with our certificates. We'd like to see an update for Certificate Template coding. That is, we're requesting a smart tag for the "Course Completion" (data found on user's Progress menu) to reflect in place of the "Issued Date." The "Expiration Date" would then display as needed (1 year, 6 months, 1 month, etc.). We've tried cloning courses, but the data remains the same for both courses, so the course will not re-issue.

Feedback and Knowledge Base