I suggest you ...

Adding 'Drip' Capabilities for Content

Is there a plan to add 'drip' content capabilities based on a date or elapsed number of days? That would be significant for me. Thanks!

795 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Guy Timberlake shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Guy Timberlake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"After careful consideration we decided to implement this as part of the course. We will offer an interface that will let you delay availability for units based on the previous unit completion date."

I think it is a move in the right direction, but as another poster cited, true drip feed is date-specific versus being tied to another unit being completed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hallo,

good news you want to implement drip feed. You write "let you delay availability for units based on the PREVIOUS unit COMPLETION date".

That is a bit different from what we suggested here. Real drip feed is just dated-related hard-wired content release. If you guarantee a course to be completed in 3 months to a client and user only starts with the first unit in the 3rd months you cannot deliver on time.

With real drip feed you give people automatically the chance to access content according to a predictable time schedule.

Could you please reconsider your approach of implementing this as your approach is different from this idea.

I refer again to this article:
        https://www.learnworlds.com/drip-feed-way-course-sales-success/

The approach sugested in this idea is as it is implemented in all Wordpress based LMS like Memberpress, WooCommerce Memberships etc.

If you need further user feedback, please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi Jenn,

the automations action feature is something different. It is fine, when you have different separate courses, but is not suitable if you have a "big" course with a lot of content pieces that you want to provide in a step by step manner.

This what this feature request is for: Offering drip feed within a large single course.

Just vote on top below the vote total. The button is labeled "Vote".

• Lars Holldorf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Admin, thanks for your comment. I think the "availability feature" is already existing through automations, which are definitely fine.

HOWEVER, the proposed DRIP Feed feature is NOT about inter-course release management, but INTRA-course release management.

Once again: If you have a course with massive content, it makes absolutely sense to release the complete content step by step in small chunks instead of at once.

This leads to better learning results and better ROI for the one paying for the training.

Please have a closer took at the following article cited in another comment below:

I am looking forward to your feedback about the chances of implementing a real drip feed feature within TalentLMS in the near future.

Thank you.

• Frank Mühlenbeck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh. I have become aware of this feature request as it is currently leading
        the voting list. Actually I thought drip feed would already be part of
        Talent LMS. We are currently looking into it (looking for a more scalable
        alternative to Wordpress) and as we are used to the benefits of drip feed in
        the Wordpress world it should of course be available for our future LMS.
        Definitely need this, too!

I would welcome a real "Drip Feed" feature as it is an integral element for complex courses, which go over a period of several weeks respectively several units/modules.

Here is an excellent article explaining the benefits of "Drip Feed" and why it should come with every LMS:

A top influencer in the Wordpress community is Chris Lema. This is his article and reasoning pro "Drip Feed" (even from 2014):
        http://chrislema.com/content-dripping

Ultimately drip feed leads to learners completing courses more thoroughly instead of having a quick look everywhere. Complex content should be served in small steps so it can be implemented step by step.

Who else would like to have a better learner compliance and higher completion rate? – Please vote for this feature NOW! – Thank you!

• Anna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would highly appreciate that, too. It is common in all Wordpress LMS tools and makes totally sense when you have "big" courses which ideally go over a period of several weeks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base