I suggest you ...

Instructors grading tests instead of automatic answers

Our organisation would be really interested in the Instructors being able to grade a students work once they have completed the test, not having it pre-marked with automatic answers. We have open ended questions with answers that will often vary so it is not possible to have generated automatic answers.

Using the 'assignments' secton so that Instructors can mark is not feasible when we require our student to complete a test.

Thank you

86 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ken Pritchard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with Neville Adams - the best solution here would be to be able to have some questions marked automatically and others manually.

• Neville Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will be very useful indeed. In fact, having a combination of both would be great. The first part of the test may be multiple choice questions, while the rest might be complicated written answers. Having both options would be helpful - with the ability to fix things that went wrong, such as questions that need to be removed (i.e they don't count anymore) as well as fixing questions that were marked incorrectly based on an error made by the instructor.

• Gregory Bupp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would solve a lot of my issues with how the assignments work in the system (as I could just go and use the test!)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you sign in as an instructor, click on the course, and go to the reports tab, you can view the specific answers a user wrote for each question. If you deem the answer correct even though the system marked it wrong, the is a "set as correct" button next to the question that will then mark it correct. Once you refresh the page, the user's score will change accordingly. I have a test that is all open ended and I grade it in this manner. I have a warning at the beginning of the test so users know they will be given a failing grade when they finish so they are not alarmed at their score!

Please consider doing this, I have been looking through the message boards to see if it was possible to do this and found that currently it is not :(

yes we have also had problems with this and it would make life so much easier if Instructors were allowed to set the grade for the test rather than it automatically say passed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base